Hey beauties, Carmelita here checking in. I hope you are all doing well!
A while ago, the Pantone Colour of the Year was announced, and it was announced as Rose Quartz and Serenity. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while – to come up with a nice selection of outfits that fit the 2016 Pantone Colour of the Year. This will be a two part post, since there are two Pantone Colours. This one will feature: Rose Quartz.
Rose Quartz is a beautiful, warm and inviting colour. It’s a perfect staple, but subtle splash of colour to up-lift any outfit, I have put together a selection of 3 outfits that consist of the gentle-toned Rose Quartz colour.
Outfit 1: Staple coat
This is a chic cordial outfit, perfect for any rainy-day. This look I was inspired by New York. I feel that New York is very over-sized coat and ankle boot heels in any fashion corner. Minus, the coat, this outfit is very monochrome, however, add the coat and there’s your splash of Rose Quartz. It makes the outfit very inviting, and almost sweet looking, opposed to if you minus the coat – it still looks fab, but very neutral.
Outfit 1 details:
- Coat: VINCE Drape Neck Coat
- Jeans: BURBERRY Brit Low-Rise Skinny Jeans
- Turtle neck jumper: MIXXMIX Funnel Neck Knit Sweater
- Heels: LULU’S Very Volatile Adare Black Ankle Boots
- Bracelet: MARIA DORAI RAJ Silver Cuff Bracelet
- Earrings: MICHAEL KORS Brilliance Metal and Crystal Stud Earrings
Now this one, I feel is very LA unlike the first one. I have a sense that LA is very over-sized T and fedora hat right now, right? Nonetheless, this is a very trendy outfit with all the “in” styles right now. The dark tone outfit will instantly be lifted with this super cute Michael Kors bag, don’t you think? It looks effortless, but very stylish with the added over the knee boots.
Outfit 2 details:
- Bag: MICHAEL KORS Sutton medium staffino leather satchel
- Over-sized T: ALTERNATIVE APPARAEL Eco-Jersey T-Shirt Dress
- Boots: GUESS Daris Suede Boots
- Fedora: FOREVER 21 Women’s Small-Brim Wool Fedora
- Watch: LACOSTE Philadelphia
Love this one, I got this outfit drawn from what I’ve been seeing around town lately. In Sydney it’s summer right now, and everyone is about lace-up shoes. This is also a very trendy outfit, perfect for a casual day out. I get vibes that this is very Sunday-brunch outfit, is it not? The Rose Quartz top is definitely an eye catcher. Fringe and the Colour of the Year – what more could you ask for?
Outfit 3 details:
- Top: The 2nd SKIN CO Pale Pink Crepe and Feathers Top
- Shorts: 3.1 PHILLIP LIM Ponte Shorts
- Sandals: LOUISE ET CIE Kaelyn – Lace up Tall Gladiator Sandal
- Bag: MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS Bedford Small Leather Crossbody
And that brings an end to this three outfit post.
Will you be rocking the Rose Quartz this year? Let me know!
Stay tuned for the second part of this Colour of the Year mini series for “Serenity”!
Until next time beauties!