Hey everyone! I hope you guys have had a good week, Carmelita here.
It’s the middle of a very busy school term, and I wanted to have a post for you guys that was light but insightful. So here’s the 30 Beauty Question Tag!
1) Do you remember your first makeup item?
Yes! I’m not going to name to name those little kits we always got as little kids with the glitter glosses. My first real makeup item was something my mum got me. It was the Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Powder. It was the powder my mum always used, and still do this day. That was always my first memory of ever having my own makeup item, because other than that – I would always use my mum’s products (which she always hated!)
2) Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
My perfect mascara would definitely has to be one that keeps my lashes curled and lengthening. I don’t naturally have curved eyelashes, I have little Asian lashes. Unfortunately, I haven’t come across the mascara of my dreams yet, but I have hope that there is one out there for me.
3) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I like a more medium than light or heavy coverage. I’m not one to go out cakey where my foundation just layers on top of my pimples, I like the more flawless-natural look enough to moderately cover my pimples without layers on layers on layers.
4) Favourite high end brand?
I’m tossing between MAC and Too Faced. They both have a a wide range or products that don’t disappoint my most of the time.
5) What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Givenchy! Easy pick. Have you seen their bronzers?
6) Favorite drugstore brand?
L’Oreal, even though they are on the more pricey side of the drugstore – they are still a solid favourite.
7) Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No, because I have little Asian lashes that just can’t stay curled. So it’s a weird look to have.
8) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Lipstick I’m wearing that day, can’t go without it! Most people would probably say face powder, but I’ve trained myself to let go with face powder because I find myself constantly powdering and seeing all the build up. It’s easier to just carry around blotting tissue – and since using the RCMA No Colour Powder, I’ve learned to let go of compact powders in my handbag.
9) What is your most cherised beauty product?
RCMA No Colour Powder. This powder revolutionised my life, I’m not even exaggerating!
10) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Not as often as I have since early this year. Before it felt like I was buying makeup every week. Nowadays, I like to pick up an item here and there, however when it comes to buying makeup online, I like to get lots of goodies at once – because international shipping to Australia is a real bitch to pay for!
11) Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
Depends which time of the month it is honestly. Early in the month when I’m rolling in cash I like to splurge, but at the end of the month when I’m near broke – there’s deffs a beauty budget!
12) Do you utilise coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Yes! Priceline (Australian drugstore) have a great coupons for their “Sister Members” every month. I always try to utilise sales online because makeup prices in Australia are double the price than what they are in America. And there’s the Mecca rewards program that I love, they offer ‘Beauty Loop Boxes’ for all members above Level 1, and they’re different (and better) the high the level!
13) What type of product do you buy the most of?
Eyeshadows. I’m an eyeshadow hoarder.
14) Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
I can honestly say that I’ve never come across a brand that I absolutely can’t stand
15) Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Not necessarily, just animal cruelty products
16) Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Mecca > Sephora, Purely just because staff at Sephora are rude. And then online, I love a good BeautyBay and BeautyJoint buy.
17) Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
Keep to a certain routine. I have super sensitive skin and I’m on a prescription cream, so I can’t use any heavily chemically products. I stick to the organic skin care.
18) Favourite bath and body brand?
Dermaveen, Aveeno and QV! It’s perfect for people that have really sensitive skin and eczema (which I have). Brands like this are not drowned in chemicals
19) If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Chanel – go big or go home, right?
20) What brand do you think has the best packaging?
YSL. Purely because I like all gold and shiny things.
21) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
RIHANNA. She slays makeup all different kinds of ways.
22) Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23) 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
I’ve honestly grown detached from Beauty Gurus online. But some of my favourites were Desi Perkins, Carli Bybel, Chloe Morello, Jaclyn Hill and Kathleen Lights.
24) Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
No. Personally, I find that they are either only great for one element. So say it’s a lip and cheek stain, it’ll only look nice on the lips, but on the cheeks it wouldn’t look too cute.
25) Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
I have my off days
26) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes – “Not to prime, is a crime”
27) How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Depends on the day, if it’s hair wash day then 3 products. But if it’s the in between hair wash day then 2 products
28) What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
29) Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
30) What do you love about makeup?
Look good feel good. It’s as simple as that!
Ta-da! You’ve reached the end.
Now, what do you love about makeup?
Until next time beauties!